Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Wounded Juvenile Bald Eagle

I was enjoying the buzzes of the local cicadas, when I noticed a large bird walking through my corn patch! To make a long story short, it ended up being a 10-week old newly fledged Bald eagle. It was near starved to death and very dehydrated. Here's a picture of it peeking through the fence, and the video was taken by my wife Robbie. The raptor rescue organization (Birds of Prey NW) we contacted asked that I move the bird from the sheet I caught it with into a cardboard box. 


At the last update I received from Birds of Prey NW was that the bird has a broken wing, but the bird was a good candidate to be rehabilitated and released. I'll keep you updated as information is received. And, I'm exited to report, is that the bird will be released on our property once it is in a condition to returned to the wild. 



No comments:

Post a Comment